Promote and foster democratic freedoms and especially, freedom of expression and free initiative.
Assist and create conditions for liberty and openness in strong democratic institutions for present and future generations.
- Promote and foster education and culture
- Freedom of expression and free initiative
- Access to information – informed choice
- Defence of self-regulation
- Power of communication for the benefit of society.
The Palavra Aberta Institute is:
- NOT an interest group limited to one or more groups.
- Not a partisan organization; has no political ties
- Not a lobby for specific commercial groups.